Property:Ammonium persulfate is a white, crystalline, odorless salt. It is used as initiator for the polymerization of monomers and as a strong oxidizing agent in many application. It has the particular advantage of being almost non-hygroscopic, of having a particular good storage stability as a result of its extremely high purity and of being easy and safe to handle.
Heavy metal (Pb)
- Net each in 25kg plastic woven bag, lined with PE bag.
- APS is a suitable initiator for the emulsion or solution polymerization of acrylic monomers, vinyl acetate, vinyl chloride etc. and for the emulsion polymerization of styrene, acrylonitrile, butadiene etc. APS is also a kind of oxidizing agent:
- 1) Used in cleaning and pickling of metal surfaces.
- 2) Used in accelerated curing of low formaldehyde adhesives.
- 3) Used in modification of starch, production of binders and coating materials.
- 4) Desizing agent and bleach activator.
- 5) An essential component of bleaching formulations for hair cosmetics.
- APS is not combustible but assists combustion of combustible materials due to release of oxygen. Provided it is stored under appropriate condition. It must be stored dry in closed containers and protected from direct sunlight, heat and humidity. Impurities such as dirt, rust or traces of metal and reductant may cause catalyst decomposition. The product as supplied or in solution needs to be handled with appropriate care. The eye, skin and clothes must be protected when working with APS. APS as damp powder or aqueous solution has a bleaching and slightly corroding effect.