Property:White powder or colorless crystal, Melting point (Mp): 165-168 ℃, Density: 1.57.
Residue on Ignition
Heavy metal (Pb)
- Net each in 25kg complex paper bag, lined with PE bag.
- 1. Itaconic acid and its polymers can be made into effective deodorant by adding a little natural substance, they can react with alkaline or acidic odor such as ammonium, amine, and hydrogen sulfide. They can also be utilized in paper and plastic thin film with deodorant function.
- 2. Itaconic acid can copolymerize with styrene and butadiene to prepare SBR latex which is widely used in paper coatings, metal and concrete paint. It is used in paints to improve quality and used as fiber carpet sizing agent to make carpet more endurable.
- 3. Itaconic acid can react with acrylic and methacrylic acid or their esters to prepare resins which can be widely used in emulsion coating, leather coating, coatings for car, refrigerator and other electrical appliances to improve adhesion, color and weather resistance. They are also used in eletroporetical coating with excellent adhesion, in dental binder with the help of metal oxides. With chloroalkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride added, they can be used to prepare water soluble coating for food packaging to reduce bacteria contamination.
- 4. Esters of itaconic acid can be used in paint, ion-exchange resin, lubricant, binder, plasticizer, sealant and molding plastics.
- 5. Some other itaconic acid derivatives are used in medicine, cosmetics, lubricant, thickener, herbcide and wool modifier.
- Storage and transportation: Keep away from moisture, sunlight, and rain. Do not leave in open space. Do not mix with toxic, odored, colored or corrosive substance. Avoid contacting with skin or eyes. Wash thoroughly with water in case of contacting with mouth or eyes.